Nominations are now being accepted from WACO members who wish to be included in the slate of candidates for the WACO Board of Trustees. The election of officers and board members will be held during the 62nd Annual WACO Conference October 5-8.
Any WACO member is eligible to run for a WACO Officer position (President, President-Elect, Vice President, or Secretary-Treasurer) or as a Trustee-at-large to represent their county population category. Nominations will be accepted for any position up for election.
Travel expenses for WACO officers and Trustees to attend WACO Board of Trustee meetings, other than the Annual WACO Conference, are paid by WACO.
The following positions are open for election this year:
- 2nd Vice-President
- Trustee-at-large Position 1 (Population over 1 million - Counties: King) Two-year term
- Trustee-at-large Position 3 (Population 100,001 - 400,000 - Counties: Benton, Cowlitz, Grant, Kitsap, Skagit, Thurston, Yakima, Whatcom) Two-year term
- Trustee-at-large Position 5 (Population 20,000 - 50,000 - Counties: Adams, Asotin, Douglas, Jefferson, Kittitas, Klickitat, Okanogan, Pacific, Stevens) Two-year term
Please consider running for a position on the Board of Trustees. We welcome and need your participation to keep WACO strong!
The nomination process is as follows:
- Any WACO member interested in being nominated must submit a letter of intent, a resume, and answer the online questions by September 14 using the online form. Current officers and trustees will be provided a modified form.
- The Nominating Committee will meet by conference call in September to finalize the slate of candidates.
- All WACO members will receive information about each candidate and a copy of the Nominating Committee’s report prior to the conference.
- On Wednesday, October 7th, during the morning WACO business meeting, the WACO Nominating Committee will present the slate of candidates to the membership and call for nominations from the floor. Following the Nominating Committee report, all candidates will then have the opportunity to address the membership (5 minutes per candidate).
- Immediately following the Wednesday morning business meeting, an email will go out to all WACO members with instructions on how to vote online. The voting will end at 9:00 a.m. on Thursday and tallied. Proxy voting is prohibited by the WACO Bylaws. The chair of the nominations committee will review the tally for approval. Results are announced at the Thursday business meeting and officers present will be sworn in.
If you are interested in running for a position on the WACO Board of Trustees, please complete the Online WACO Board of Trustees Nomination Form by September 16 via the following Nomination Form (https://form.jotform.com/52467738470161).